What are the requirements for a New York real estate license?
- Successfully complete an approved 75-hour Salesperson course
- Being sponsored by a NY state real estate broker
- Passing the NY state real estate examination
- Applying for the NY real estate salesperson license and paying all applicable fees
- 1 How long does it take to get a real estate license in NY?
- 2 How much does a real estate license cost in NY?
- 3 How do you get a real estate license in NY?
- 4 How hard is the real estate exam in NY?
- 5 How much does a realtor make in New York?
- 6 Do real estate agents make good money?
- 7 How much does a real estate agent make?
- 8 How do I get a real estate sponsor in NY?
- 9 How do I become a real estate agent with no experience?
- 10 How long does it take to become a real estate agent?
- 11 What’s the difference between a broker and real estate agent?
- 12 Is real estate math hard?
- 13 How many times can you take the real estate exam in NY?
- 14 How many math questions are on the real estate exam?
- 15 Get A NY License Online In 5 Steps
- 16 Get Your License Online
- 17 How to Get a Real Estate License in New York
- 18 New York Real Estate License Requirements
- 19 How Long Does It Take to Get a Real Estate License in New York?
- 20 How Much Does It Cost to Get a Real Estate License in New York?
- 21 Real Estate License Reciprocity
- 22 Can You Apply for a New York Real Estate License Online?
- 23 New York Real Estate License Exam
- 24 New York Real Estate License Application
- 25 New York Real Estate License Renewal
- 26 Does New York Require Post-Licensing Education?
- 27 Special Considerations
- 28 How to Get a Real Estate License in New York in 5 Steps
- 29 Steps to Become a Real Estate Agent in New York
- 30 How Long Does It Take to Get a Real Estate License in New York?
- 31 How Much Does It Cost to Get a New York Real Estate License?
- 32 New York Real Estate License Reciprocity
- 33 How to Become a Real Estate Agent in New York
- 34 Step 1: Be at Least 18 Years of Age
- 35 Step 2: Register and Complete the 75 Hours of Required Education
- 36 Step 4: Schedule and Take the New York Real Estate Salesperson Licensing Exam
- 37 Step 5: Apply for Your New York Real Estate Salesperson License
- 38 What are the Requirements for a New York Real Estate License?
- 39 Real Estate Express Courses Fulfill Your New York License Requirements
- 40 The New York Real Estate Institute
- 41 Why more people choose NYREI:
- 41.1 Financial Aid Offered at NYREI
- 41.2 Courses Offered at NYREI
- 41.3 Bookstore
- 41.4 About The New York Real Estate Institute
- 41.5 The NYREI Approach
- 41.6 NYREI Queens Branch
- 41.7 NYREI Brooklyn Branch
- 41.8 NYREI Long Island
- 41.9 NYREI Long Island
- 41.10 NYREI Westchester Branch
- 42 How to Get Your NY Real Estate License in 2020
- 43 How Do I Get My New York Real Estate License?
- 44 How Long Does It Take to Become a Real Estate Agent in New York?
- 45 Here’s the Best Guide to How to Get Your NY Real Estate License in 2021
- 46 How Much Money Can I Make as a Real Estate Agent?
- 47 You Now Know How to Get Your Real Estate License in New York
- 48 Real Estate License NY
- 49 Online Real Estate License in New York
- 50 Get your New York Real Estate License Online without the Stress
- 51 Take the 75 Hour Real Estate Course in New York Taught by Local Real Estate Professionals
- 52 Course Content
- 53 Fun Learning Process
- 54 Real Estate License NY
- 55 Pass State Exam
- 56 COURSE COMBO
- 57 Get the Training You Need on Demand and Learn at Your Pace Online!
- 58 Real Estate License NY
- 59 Certificate of Completion
- 60 What to pass the state exam with ease?
- 61 Course Completion Time
- 62 Refund Policy
How long does it take to get a real estate license in NY?
It takes 75 hours of real estate coursework to become an agent, while a broker license requires 120 hours and two years of practical experience. Coursework for both licenses is valid for two years after completion, and additional continuing education is mandated prior to renewal.
How much does a real estate license cost in NY?
Real estate courses are available as well as classroom courses. The nonrefundable license application fee is $150 for a real estate broker, and the license will be effective for two years. The salesperson real estate license is $50.00. The expiration dates for both are staggered.
How do you get a real estate license in NY?
How Do I Get My New York Real Estate License?
- Step 1: Be at Least 18 Years of Age.
- Step 2: Register and Complete the 75 Hours of Required Education.
- Step 3: Find a Sponsoring Broker.
- Step 4: Schedule and Take the New York Real Estate Salesperson Licensing Exam.
- Step 5: Apply for Your New York Real Estate Salesperson License.
How hard is the real estate exam in NY?
You need to score 70% or higher. Since there are 75 questions, it means that you need to answer 53 questions correctly to pass. Real estate exam results are reported as either passed or failed—you will not receive a numerical score.
How much does a realtor make in New York?
How Much Does the Average Real Estate Salesperson Make in New York State? According to careerexplorer.com, the average salary for a real estate agent in New York State is around $116,460 per year.
Do real estate agents make good money?
Get Your California Real Estate License! According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average income for Real Estate agents in the state of California is $73,450. California is one of the top earning states for Real Estate agents. Hard work is essential to high salaries, however.
How much does a real estate agent make?
How Much Do Real Estate Agents Make? The median annual pay for real estate agents was $48,930 in 2019, according to the most recent data available from the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics.
How do I get a real estate sponsor in NY?
How to Become a Sponsoring Broker in New York
- Be at least 20 years old.
- Have at least two years of full-time experience as a salesperson or have worked in the real estate field for three years full-time.
- Meet the minimum points required for specific real estate activity.
How do I become a real estate agent with no experience?
Real estate schools offer courses that will allow you to add the necessary skills that will need to find a job in the industry, even without experience.
- Review Online Job Boards.
- Talk to a Broker.
- Apartment Locators.
- Visit a Real Estate School.
- Get a License.
How long does it take to become a real estate agent?
You can become a real estate agent in about four to six months, depending on where you live. Online prelicensing classes can speed up the process. Requirements vary by state, but the general steps are to take a real estate prelicensing course, take the licensing exam, activate your license, and join a brokerage.
What’s the difference between a broker and real estate agent?
Real estate agents have a professional license to help people buy, sell, and rent real estate. Brokers are real estate agents who have completed additional training and licensing requirements. They can work independently and hire other real estate agents to work for them.
Is real estate math hard?
Is Real Estate Math Difficult? Real estate math is NOT difficult. The more practice and time spent on understanding the math problems and concepts that you may see, the better you will do on the exam and throughout your career.
How many times can you take the real estate exam in NY?
You can take the NY state licensing exam as many times as needed until you pass. You simply have to schedule a new attempt through your eAccessNY account and pay the $15 examination fee.
How many math questions are on the real estate exam?
The number of questions in the math section varies by state. You can generally expect to see between 5 to 20 math questions on the state real estate exam. You might think math isn’t that important in real estate. After all, you’re concerned with buying and selling property.
Get A NY License Online In 5 Steps
Obtaining a New York real estate license may appear to be a difficult task, but we are here to assist you throughout the process. You can continue reading to find out about the five steps you’ll need to do before beginning your real estate profession in New York City. To find out how much it will cost you to obtain your real estate license in New York, please see our Pre-Licensing Pricing page. Purchase your New York Pre-Licensing permit »
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate. You must not have been convicted of a felony or a sex crime in the past.
Complete 75 hours of approved Pre-Licensing education.
- To begin, you must successfully complete a 75-clock-hour New York Pre-Licensing Salesperson course that has been approved by the state. Find out more about the many package options available to you here. You should consult the Department of State Division of Licensing website for specific information on the education and examination requirements for your specific situation if you have a bachelor’s degree from a university with a major course of study in real estate or if you have a current license in another jurisdiction but are seeking licensure in New York.
Pass the course final exam.
- After you have completed all of the course materials, you will be required to take the course final exam. The passing mark is 70 percent, which is the bare minimum. Certification of course completions is valid for 8 years and must be utilized to get a license
- Otherwise, the certification will expire and the course will have to be repeated. The credit for either of these courses will not expire after it has been applied to a license and can be used for license upgrades. It is required that you take the final test in the presence of a proctor, thus you will need to book an appointment with a proctor ahead of time. More information about proctoring may be found here.
Pass the New York real estate salesperson examination.
- In order to take this multiple-choice test based on the 75 hour Pre-Licensing program, you will have 1.5 hours to complete it. There is more information available here. If you need assistance passing your New York real estate test, The CE Shop also offers thorough Exam Prep that is specifically customized to the state of New York.
Select a sponsoring broker.
To be eligible for a New York broker license, you must be sponsored by an existing and active broker in the state. It’s critical to choose the proper broker to work with since this individual will act as your mentor as you begin your new real estate career. Here are some questions to think about as you begin your search:
- What is their standing in the community, both locally and nationally
- It is unclear what type of real estate agents the company is seeking. Are they technologically sophisticated and up to date with the most recent systems available? The manner in which they assist their agents with education and training. Does the brokerage give their agents with leads and marketing materials? Is there space for advancement within the organization? Are there any advantages available?
Complete the real estate license application.
- In the event that you pass the New York Salesperson Real Estate test and are able to locate a sponsoring broker, you should submit your application through eAccessNY.
DOWNLOAD THE PROCEDURES »
Get Your License Online
The online platform, self-paced courses, and high levels of student satisfaction are just a few of the factors that distinguish The CE Shop as the finest in real estate education. Take the first step toward a successful real estate career right now! GET YOUR LICENSE »
How to Get a Real Estate License in New York
To purchase and sell real estate in New York, you’ll need a real estate license, regardless of whether you want to be a real estate agent or a real estate broker. Aside from that, you must be at least 18 years old to become an agent and 20 years old to become a broker, finish particular real estate curriculum, pass a test (or two, depending on the license), and submit to a criminal background check in order to obtain a license. Which license is the most appropriate for you? The distinction between a real estate agent and a real estate broker is mostly determined by the number of years of experience and education that each individual has.
In addition, further education must be completed, as well as a minimum of two years of experience as an agent, in order to become a broker in New York.
- Real estate brokers in New York are among the best compensated in the country, with an average yearly compensation of $87,938
- They are also among the most in demand. In order to begin, you’ll need to obtain the right license, which might be either an agent or a broker. The employment of licensed brokers is mandatory of all agents, although brokers can choose to work for themselves or to recruit agents to work for them. To become an agent, you must complete 75 hours of real estate training, whereas a broker license needs 120 hours of study and two years of practical experience. Following completion of the coursework for both licenses, the coursework is valid for two years, after which further continuing education is required before renewal
- A final test and a background check are required for both licenses before you may be granted one of them.
New York Real Estate License Requirements
In New York, there are two sorts of licenses, and the requirements will differ based on which form of license you hold. In New York, for example, a real estate agent (sometimes known as a “salesperson”) is permitted to handle real estate transactions, but he or she must operate under the supervision of a registered broker. A broker, on the other hand, has the ability to operate their own business and employ other agents to work for them. Agents are required to have the following licenses:
- It is necessary to be at least 18 years old. Must have completed 75 hours of real estate courses from an approved provider (which is valid for eight years from the date of completion) or hold a four-year bachelor’s degree in real estate
- It is necessary to pass a final test. It is necessary to get fingerprinted and pass a background investigation. It is necessary to be sponsored by a broker.
Broker license requirements include the following:
- It is necessary to be at least 20 years old. Must have at least two years of experience as an agent or three years of experience in the broader real estate business. It is necessary to have completed 120 hours of real estate education from an accredited source or to have earned a four-year degree in real estate
- It is necessary to pass a final test. It is necessary to get fingerprinted and pass a background investigation.
A word on background checks: If you are applying to be an agent or broker, you must state any and all criminal convictions on your application. A conviction for a crime may or may not be disqualifying, depending on the nature of the offense. Failure to report a conviction, even if it is for a minor infraction, will result in the refusal of your application without further consideration.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Real Estate License in New York?
It is expected that it will take between four and six months to complete the requirements to become a real estate agent at the salesperson level in New York. To become a broker, you must complete extra criteria, such as 120 hours of real estate coursework (instead of the 75 hours necessary to become an agent) and two years as an agent or three years in the broader real estate profession, in addition to the requirements for becoming an agent.
Real estate agents in New York are among the best compensated in the country, earning an average yearly compensation of $87,938 on average.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Real Estate License in New York?
Real estate professionals in New York do not have to pay a high price to enter the industry. All things considered, an aspiring agent will spend between $500 to $1,000 to obtain their license, whereas a broker should anticipate to spend approximately $950 to $1,450. The following is a breakdown of the costs:
- The cost of pre-licensing exam education for agents can range from $379 to $909, depending on the course. It is expected that brokers will spend around $349 for the additional study hours
- However, there are certain exceptions for both licenses if you have completed qualifying college courses. The fee for a broker application is $155, while the charge for an agent application is $55. Every two years, renewal costs in the same amounts are collected
- The fees are the same each time. Exam costs for both licenses total $15
- However, only one license is required. Fingerprinting is also required for both licenses, which will cost you an additional $50.
Please keep in mind that there may be additional expenses for things like organization memberships, office space, extra training, and asking exemption from specific rules and regulations.
Real Estate License Reciprocity
New York has reciprocity agreements with nine states: Arkansas (broker only), Colorado (broker and associate broker only), Connecticut, Georgia, Massachusetts (broker only), Mississippi (broker only), Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Arkansas (broker only), Colorado (broker and associate broker only), Connecticut, Georgia, Massachusetts (broker only), Mississippi (broker only), Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia However, all applicants are required to hold an active license from their home state that was issued within six months of applying to practice in New York.
Can You Apply for a New York Real Estate License Online?
You can submit an application for a New York real estate license either online or by postal mail. You can easily access the online option through New York’s eAccessNY License Management System. Regardless of whether you submit a paper application or use the online option, you will still need to create an eAccessNY account to schedule your exam. While most applicants wait until completing their coursework to schedule the exam, you can schedule it anytime. However, even if you do and pass it, you still must finish all the required coursework before you can get your active license.
New York Real Estate License Exam
You will be able to select from one of eleven official test locations located around New York State using your eAccessNY account. Everything you need to know about your application, including your confirmation and exam results, may be found on the online application site. Test candidates have 90 minutes to finish the agent exam, which is multiple choice in nature. The test is also available in four more languages: Spanish, Korean, Russian, and Chinese. The exam is also available in four additional languages.
Exam results are provided in the form of a pass/fail grade and will be posted to your eAccessNY account as soon as they are made available for viewing.
If you do not pass the test the first time, you can repeat it (with additional fees).
New York Real Estate License Application
As soon as you have finished the requisite courses and passed the exam, you may submit an official application for your license, which can be done either by mail or online using your eAccessNY account.
It should be noted that agents must have a sponsoring broker stated on their application in order to be awarded a license.
New York Real Estate License Renewal
All real estate licenses in the state of New York are valid for two years and must be renewed online. The state will notify you around 90 days prior to the expiration of your license. Agent license renewal costs will be $55, while broker license renewal fees will be $155 for each license. Upon expiration of your license, you have up to two years to renew it before being required to repeat the test.
Does New York Require Post-Licensing Education?
For real estate agents in New York who wish to renew their licenses, they must complete 22.5 hours of authorized continuing education coursework during the two years previous to renewal, with three hours of the coursework focusing on fair housing and/or discrimination requirements. Brokers are subject to the same regulations.
New York has a number of legislation and regulations that regulate real estate agents and brokers, all of which are detailed in a 46-page document that is intended to safeguard the public from any malicious conduct. There are also special property and real estate laws that every agent and broker should be aware of, such as homestead laws that protect small property owners and lease and rental agreement laws that contain specific rent control restrictions, which every agent and broker should be aware of.
How to Get a Real Estate License in New York in 5 Steps
How to Obtain a Salesperson’s License in New York State A Real Estate Salesperson License in New York is issued by the New York Department of State (NYDOS) only after the fulfillment of the processes outlined in the following section.
- Prepare for and pass the New York Real Estate Exam
- Choose a sponsoring broker
- Submit the Licensing Application
- Complete 75 hours of approved education
- And pass the course final exam.
Steps to Become a Real Estate Agent in New York
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate. You must not have been convicted of any crimes or sex offenses in the past. You must possess a valid New York picture driver’s license or non-driver identification card
- You DO NOT need a high school diploma or a GED in order to apply.
Complete 75 Hours of Approved Pre-License Education
The 75-hour New York Pre-License Course is the first stage in the process of getting a license. This course will cover a variety of subjects, including the following:
- Regulations concerning land use and environmental concerns
- Contract law
- Real estate financing and investment
- Commercial real estate
- Real estate investments
- Property management
Pass the Course Final Exam
- The New York Department of State requires that you pass the final test for the pre-license course with a score of 70 percent or higher after you have completed the 75-hour course requirement.
Pass the New York Real Estate Exam
You must next sit for and pass both the state and national components of the New York Salesperson License Examination with a score of at least 70 percent in order to be eligible to work in the state. For the multiple-choice test, you will have 90 minutes to complete it in full. There are 75 questions on your test, all of which are based on the subject covered in the 75-hour Pre-Licensing course. In New York, exam results are published as either passed or failed depending on the subject matter.
Mandatory COVID-19 Precautions
If you match any of the criteria listed below, you should not attend for the test.
- Temperatures higher than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit are required. Had known close contact with a person who has been confirmed or suspected to be infected with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days
- If you are now experiencing ANY of the symptoms listed below:
- Muscle Pain (new or worsening)
- Headache (new or worsening)
- Sore Throat (new or worsening)
- Or New Loss of Taste New Loss of Smell
- New Loss of Taste New Loss of Smell Have had a positive COVID-19 test result in the last 14 days as a result of a diagnostic test
- If you need to postpone your exam due to sickness, you can do so by sending an email to exam[email protected] You are not permitted to bring anyone with you to the examination place. Unless your requested exam date has been verified, you should not present at the exam venue. Bring a face covering or a mask to your appointment. Face coverings are required at exam sites
- However, they are optional. When feasible, keep a distance of 6 feet between you and others at the exam location. Take precautions to disinfect your hands before and after taking the exam. During the exam, the exam center will give hand sanitizer. Bring two pencils that have been sanitized2 to your test.
Choose a Sponsoring Broker
Licensees will need to be sponsored by an active New York real estate broker in order to be able to sell real estate in the state. This individual will function as your mentor as you begin your new professional endeavor. During your search for a sponsored broker, you should examine the following questions:
- What is their general reputation? Are they well-versed in their field of expertise? What are the most recent rules and regulations that they are familiar with
- What level of assistance they provide to their agents
- What type of commission structure do they have available to you? Are there any advantages? It is important to know what kind of leads and marketing materials they provide to their agents. Are there opportunities to advance your career inside the brokerage?
Complete the License Application
- You will also need to submit an application for a license with the New York Department of State (DOS). You have the option of mailing in your application or applying online. If you want to pay by credit card (Master Card or Visa), you will also be required to fill out an authorization form, which will be sent with your application together with your payment. Bureau of Educational StandardsP.O. Box 22001Albany, NY 12201-2001 Bureau of Educational Standards Fill out and submit the Application Form. Do not forget to fill out the Credit Card Application Form.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Real Estate License in New York?
A real estate license in New York can be obtained in as little as three months and as long as five months.
The amount of time it takes to get a real estate license, on the other hand, is dependent on whether the student completes the pre-license coursework online or in a classroom setting, as well as how much time the student has available to devote to studying and moving through their courses.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a New York Real Estate License?
The cost of obtaining a New York real estate license varies depending on which real estate school a prospective licensee chooses to attend. It can range between $200 and $425. The acquisition of a real estate school is the most expensive and most important transaction you can make. If a student decides to attend in-person classes rather than enrolling in an online course, the cost of pre-license courses will vary depending on his or her location. The following are the fees that must be paid:
|Course Tuition||$149.00 – $350.00|
|Total||$200.00 – $425.00|
New York Real Estate License Reciprocity
Real estate brokers, associate brokers, and salespersons from the states of Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia are eligible for license reciprocity in the state of New York. Those seeking for their license based on reciprocity, attorney status, or holding an expired license must also submit a paper application to the Department of State (DOS) through the normal mail. Real estate licensees who have completed their pre-license education outside of New York State and who have acquired an education waiver must pass the state test and submit their application to the Department of State’s Licensing office for processing before their license may be granted.
States with Reciprocity
|Arkansas||Broker only – two years licensure and current. (Business and Residence must be in Arkansas.)|
|Colorado||Broker and Associate Broker. Current licensure. (Business and residence addresses must be in Colorado). Colorado Associate Brokers must submit a salesperson application and $55 fee, along with their certification and irrevocable consent form.|
|Connecticut||Broker and Sales – current licensure only. (Business and Residence must be in Connecticut.)|
|Georgia||Broker and Sales – current licensure only (business and residence must be in Georgia). Must have obtained their license by passing the Georgia exam.|
|Massachusetts||Broker only – two years licensure and current. (Business and Residence must be in Massachusetts.)|
|Mississippi||Broker only – two years licensure and current. (Business and Residence must be in Mississippi.)|
|Oklahoma||Broker and Sales – two years licensure and current. (Business and Residence must be in Oklahoma.)|
|Pennsylvania||Broker and Salesperson – current licensure only. (Business and Residence must be in Pennsylvania)|
|West Virginia||Broker and Sales – current licensure only. (Business and Residence must be in West Virginia.)|
More information about license reciprocity in New York may be found at the New York State Department of State’s Real Estate Reciprocity Guide.
How to Become a Real Estate Agent in New York
Please see the New York State Department of State’s Real Estate Reciprocity Guide for additional information on license reciprocity.
Step 1: Be at Least 18 Years of Age
You must be at least 18 years old, possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and be a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted immigrant.
Step 2: Register and Complete the 75 Hours of Required Education
You must finish a 75-hour course that has been authorized by the Department of State in order to be eligible for licensing in this field. Select the Salesperson Licensing Package that is most appropriate for your needs.
View Licensing Packages
As you progress through the process of becoming a licensed real estate salesperson in New York State, you must be sponsored by a professional real estate broker in the state.
Step 4: Schedule and Take the New York Real Estate Salesperson Licensing Exam
In order to earn a New York Real Estate License, you must take and pass the New York Real Estate Exam with a score of at least 70% on the first attempt. To arrange a test, applicants must go to the New York Department of StateOccupational Licensing Management System, where they may also obtain other useful exam information. Finally, make sure you bring a government-issued picture identification with you to the exam. Take advantage of Kaplan’sexam preparationeducation to ensure that you are completely confident on exam day.
Step 5: Apply for Your New York Real Estate Salesperson License
You must complete an online application and pay the requisite fee in order to receive your real estate license in New York once you have passed the state’s real estate test. It is possible to complete the New York Real Estate Salesperson Application online, or you may find it on the New York Department of State Division of Licensing Servicewebsite and print it off (see Step 5).
FREE eBook: Launching Your Real Estate Career
If you could sit down with a room full of accomplished real estate experts and ask them for career guidance, wouldn’t it be fantastic? We asked numerous established real estate professionals what they wished they had known before earning their license and beginning their careers, as well as what they believe all aspiring real estate professionals should know.
We received a lot of great responses. We compiled all of their suggestions into a comprehensive eBook that is filled with value. E-book available for free download
What are the Requirements for a New York Real Estate License?
Do you want to learn how to become a real estate agent in New York and obtain your New York Real Estate License? In New York, Real Estate Express has educated hundreds of aspiring real estate agents, and we make it simple for you to learn all you need to know about the state’s real estate licensing requirements. New York real estate license education requirements are straightforward: you must finish 75 hours of New York real estate license education and pass the New York real estate licensing exam in order to become a real estate agent in the state.
- Step 1: Comply with the New York Real Estate License requirements, which are as follows:
- To be given a real estate license in New York, you must be at least 18 years old. In addition, you must not have any felony convictions on your record.
- Step 2: Completing a 75-hour salesperson qualifying education course in real estate that has been certified by the New York Department of State is the second requirement. -Join Us Right Now
- Third, pass the New York real estate licensing exam, which is conducted by the New York Department of State.
- A total of 1 1/2 hours will be allotted to applicants for completion of the exam
- The New York real estate licensing exam is available in four languages: Spanish, Korean, Russian, and Chinese. You must tell an exam proctor when you arrive at the test center if you intend to take the exam in one of the four languages listed above.
- In addition to your New York real estate licensing application, you must provide the following documents:
- Certificate of Satisfactory Performance The New York Department of State has completed the completion phase of the application for you. As a general rule, a certificate of course completion produced by the institution meets the requirements for this paperwork. The notification of the examination must be provided along with your application form. Fee for obtaining a license
- Name of your licensed real estate broker in the state of New York
What kind of information will I learn from Real Estate Express to help me get a real estate license in New York?
Real Estate Express can assist you in preparing for the New York state real estate license examination. You will be able to progress at your own speed. You will also receive resources that will help you in your future profession. Get a passing score on your New York real estate licensing exam the first time, or you won’t be charged.
Does New York have licensing reciprocity with other states?
Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia are among the states that have ratified the treaty.
Questions to answer when you are searching for a sponsoring broker in New York:
- How excellent is the broker’s reputation in the community
- What sort of real estate is being offered by the broker? Is it the type of product you’re interested in selling? What level of technological sophistication the broker possesses
- Do they have a history of sponsoring people? If yes, what methods do they use to assist the education and training of their real estate agents? Does the company supply leads and marketing materials to their real estate agents? What commission structure does the company offer? Do they provide any additional perks to their agents? Is there opportunity for expansion at the brokerage, or are there currently more agents than are required for the volume of business that they handle?
Real Estate Express Courses Fulfill Your New York License Requirements
Almost all of the Real Estate Express packages have been authorized by the New York Department of State and meet all of the requirements to sit for the state’s real estate licensing examination. Get your real estate license as soon as possible!
An extension is available if you are unable to complete your course within the six-month period of access time. The New York License Law Rule 176.25 states that if you do not finish your course within the one-year time limit allowed, you will be compelled to re-register for your course and retake the full course from the beginning. SCHEDULING YOUR FINAL Test: The state of New York mandates that your final exam be proctored, and the school is responsible for scheduling this. Following completion of at least 75% of the course units, you will need to study the Proctor list in the Documents area, choose a proctor location that is suitable for you, and submit this form to schedule your final exam.
It is essential that you finish your course final exam prior to the course expiration date, or you will be required to pay an extension in order to continue accessing that component of your course.
Purchasing an extension is not an option.
It is necessary for you to submit a fresh scheduling request for the rescheduled exam date in order to get it scheduled.
You are entitled to ONE free rescheduling of your examination. A $25 fee will be charged for each additional rescheduling after the first one is free of charge. Before your proctor appointment may be rescheduled, you must pay the rescheduling costs that apply.
New York State Department of State Division of Licensing Services
One Commerce Plaza, 6th Floor, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231 (phone: 5184744429; fax: 5184736648; address: 99 Washington Avenue, One Commerce Plaza, 6th Floor, Albany, NY 12231
The New York Real Estate Institute
The NYREI Main Office will be closed from December 24, 2020 to January 2, 2021 for the holidays. Get in Touch With Us For more than 25 years, we have been in business, and we have recently licensed and employed our 100,000th pupil.
Why more people choose NYREI:
- One of the greatest pass rates in the industry, with a 95% success rate on the exams. Experts from the real estate business will serve as faculty. Flex Schedules: A revolutionary solution has been developed that allows you to choose your own timetable. Among the options are the following: the largest collection of real estate courses, both live and online
- Location, Location, Location: Five sites in the New York metropolitan region, as well as online programs for the whole state. Financial assistance is available through PayPal Bill Me Later and the VA-GI Bill. For additional information, please contact NYREI.
The New York Real Estate Institute (NYREI) has produced more real estate licensees in New York than any other institution. Some of the most successful real estate professionals in the industry have graduated from our program, which has graduated more than 100,000 people since 1987. It is extremely vital to NYREI that you achieve future success, and your quest for a school to become a real estate agent in New York may come to an end with us. Guaranteed Job: Every week, over 95 salesperson job placements are made at the best brokerage firms in New York.
NYREI will continue to be a leader in innovation.
Classes that are streamed in real time New York Real Estate Institute real estate seminars are taught by top professionals in their respective fields, and all New York Real Estate license and continuing education courses are approved by the New York Department of State.
Assistance with Job Placement for the Rest of Your Life!
Financial Aid Offered at NYREI
NYREI provides several courses that are eligible for the VA GI Bill, including a salesperson course. Contact our office to fill out an application or for additional information about licenses and courses offered by NYREI. (*All licensure courses in New York State are now stopped by the state owing to a lack of available money.) 2) Workforce New York To find out if you qualify for a voucher of up to $2500, contact your local office. Afterwards, you will need to come by the office so that we can draft a letter in order for you to be eligible for a voucher for the real estate classes.
to 9 p.m., seven days a week.
Our highly skilled Instructors have excellent academic credentials as well as extensive real-world experience.
Courses Offered at NYREI
- Courses in real estate salesperson licensing, exam coaching/tutoring, real estate brokers licensing, real estate continuing education, appraisal courses, and online continuing education courses are all available at this site. Real Estate Investor Forum
- Real Estate Management Certificate Classes
- Notary Public Course
- Construction Project Management Certificate
- Certificate in Commercial Real Estate
- Title Closing
- Introduction to Real Estate Seminar
- Investment Properties, Foreclosure and Management
- Investing in Multi-Family Residential Real Estate
- Investing in Commercial Real Estate LEED Green Associate
- Certificate in Green Buildings and Practices
- LEED Green Associate
- LEED Green Professional
- Asset Booster, Business Development, and a slew of other real estate programs are available. (Click here for more information.)
For a comprehensive list of courses, please visit this page. Courses begin as little as $25 per person.
Visit our online store and choose from over 400 products that include books, software, audio cassettes and videotapes to help you achieve greater success in the real estate industry.
To gain access to the shop, go to the Online Study page and select Dearborn from the drop-down menu. After that, you’ll notice a link to the bookshop on the left side of the screen. Alternatively, you may visit the Exam Prep Bookstore by clicking here.
About The New York Real Estate Institute
- Established in 1987, the New York Real Estate Institute (NYREI) is a member of the Real Estate Education Association. New York Real Estate Institute (NYREI) has graduated more real estate license candidates in New York than any other institution in the state. We offer various sites in and around New York City that are handy for you. If you’re not in the city, don’t worry. You can take ourcourses online, and we will arrange an exam site for you anywhere in the state of NY
- Our teachers are top-tier real estate industry professionals who provide in-depth training and career counseling. A lounge with vending machines is available for students to use for relaxation and study. Over the course of our 20+ years as New York’s leading real estate school, we have created relationshipswith all of the major real estate businesses in order to give the finest potential prospects for our students. We are more than a real estate school — we are a career resource
- All NYREI license and continuing education courses are certified by the New York Department of State
The New York Real Estate Institute, which was established in 1987, assists future real estate tycoons in the early stages of their careers. Students at this institution benefit from flexible class schedules and convenient locations, as well as professional career guidance and a diverse range of courses offered by experts who are at the top of their industries. Using a weekly rotating class schedule that includes both in-person and online sessions ranging from complete license courses to continuing education seminars, NYREI prepares students to either kickstart their professions or successfully launch their own companies.
The NYREI Approach
Our original strategy of giving a weekly, rotating, start-at-any-time course has been refined over the course of several years. This implies that a salesperson candidate can begin on any day of the week and finish in 10 days, or they can begin and finish the course in as little as four months. Each class session (module) can be taken in the mornings, afternoons, nights, or on weekends, depending on your preference. The New York RealEstate Institute’s objective is to raise the bar on real estate education by developing a more rigorous curriculum.
For more information about our courses and how to apply for a real estate license in New York, please contact the New York Real Estate Institute now.
New York Real Estate Institute
The address is 132 W 36th Street, 2nd FloorNew York, NY10018, and the phone number is (212) 967-7508.
NYREI Queens Branch
The address is 221-17 Northern BlvdBayside,NY11361 and the phone number is (212) 967-7508
NYREI Brooklyn Branch
The address is 539 3rd AveBrooklyn,NY11215, and the phone number is (212) 967-7508
NYREI Long Island
Address: 24 Oak Drive, Syosset, New York 11791 Call (212) 967-7508 if you have any questions.
NYREI Long Island
The following address is in Syosset, New York: 24 Oak Drive Call (212) 967-7508 to schedule an appointment.
NYREI Westchester Branch
2 Ogden Avenue, Cortlandt, New York 10567. Call (212) 967-7508 if you have any questions. Please contact teacher Richard Delorenzo at (914) 737-1656 if you need to talk with him or receive directions to the location.
How to Get Your NY Real Estate License in 2020
It doesn’t matter where you are in life right now; you’re most likely reading this because you’re interested in learning how to obtain a New York real estate license. Perhaps you’ve reached a fork in the road and are ready to make a significant shift. Alternatively, perhaps you’ve had a lifelong ambition of selling real estate and now is the perfect moment to take the plunge. I realize that you are feeling overwhelmed by the procedure, no matter where you are. I’ve been there before! In the years before I became the real estate agent you are familiar with from Bravo’s Million Dollar Listing New York.
Back in the day, before I was in charge of a sales team of 60 agents.
Actually, I attempted to build a name for myself as an actress in New York City initially.
Due to the fact that real estate has become so profitable, I have been completely addicted to the transactions.
Now, 12 years later, I’m in charge of the top squad in the entire state of New York, as well as the third best team in the entire country. I couldn’t have made a better choice when it came to my profession. With My Program, you may obtain your New York real estate license!
How Do I Get My New York Real Estate License?
Step 1: Confirm that you are over the age of 18. Step 2: Pass a 75-hour qualifying course offered by the New York Department of State. Step 3: Apply for, sit for, and pass the New York real estate salesperson examination. Step 4: Obtain sponsorship from a registered New York real estate brokerStep 5: Submit your application for a license through eAccessNY.com Isn’t it straightforward?
How Long Does It Take to Become a Real Estate Agent in New York?
That is a question for you, my buddy, and I will answer it. What time frame do you want it to take? If you’ve read my book, Sell it Like Serhant, you’ll know that I’m a firm believer in the power of initiative in business. In fact, the term “initiative” is one of my favorites. In other words, get started right now. If you’re feeling like you’re up against a brick wall, utilize it as motivation to go on. Allow that wall to serve as motivation for you to obtain your New York real estate license as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you may throw yourself over it.
Here’s the Best Guide to How to Get Your NY Real Estate License in 2021
- The minimum age to obtain a real estate license in New York is 18 years old.
After that, you’ll be good to go again. If you’re over the age of 18, that’s even better. You may have evolved the personality traits necessary to be a successful salesperson as a result of your own life experiences. You’ve got a lot of energy, passion, and stamina. All that is required now is the appropriate education.
- Complete a 75-hour qualifying course with the New York Department of State
In order to obtain your real estate license in New York, you may take advantage of the online learning opportunities that are accessible. You’ll be able to find them with a straightforward Google search. The greatest online real estate school in New York, however, isSell It Like Serhant: New Agent Sales Accelerator, which combines a 75-hour pre-licensing, state-qualifying course taught by the New York Real Estate Institute, as well as my patented sales technique. Throughout this course, you will learn all of my unique secrets, methods, and strategies that will help you become a successful New York real estate agent.
You will receive immediate access to the whole course after completing the registration process.
- Sign up for and pass the New York State real estate salesperson test.
Make an appointment for your test using eAccessNY. Make sure to bring your government-issued, state-approved picture identification with you on the day of the exam. Please include a printed copy of the “Summary of your Submission” with your submission. When you arrange the exam, you will be provided with this information. The New York Real Estate Institute course, which is included with Sell It Like Serhant: Sales Accelerator, counts toward your 75 hours of instruction toward becoming a licensed real estate salesperson in the state of New York.
The actual test takes around one and a half hours. You’ll be given a pass or fail grade based on your performance. After the scoring process is completed, results are made accessible as soon as possible and are valid for up to two years.
- Obtain sponsorship from a registered real estate broker in New York
Your sponsored broker will assist you during your first year as a real estate salesperson. Choose someone with whom you like spending time. Choose a broker who motivates and inspires you, and choose one who manages his or her own team of brokers. The first mistake I made was not joining a team when I first started out. Now, I strongly advise everyone to begin with the proper broker and the right team of professionals. What is the best way to discover the proper broker? Open houses, word of mouth, and social media are all good ways to find out who you like.
Don’t be concerned, there are lots of brokers searching for fresh agents to join their teams.
After passing the test and locating a sponsoring broker, you can submit an application for your license.
Obtaining a real estate license in New York is the first step in getting your business up and running.
How Much Money Can I Make as a Real Estate Agent?
Just a few short years ago, I couldn’t pay for my own tofu and yogurt when I went to a Food Emporium in New York City. My debit card was denied at the pay counter, and I had no idea what to do, so I hurried out of the store, hopped on the subway, and sobbed for the rest of the ride. Yup. This is a true tale. Now, twelve years later, I’m renovating a multi-million-dollar, six-story townhouse in Brooklyn, I have my own driver, I’m in my ninth season of the Bravo television show “Million Dollar Listing,” I have a popular vlog channel, and I manage a 60-person real estate sales team.
It takes a lot of dedication and hard effort.
It needed a willingness to go on some fairly wild rides before I was able to close my first major transactions.
You can do it easier and better.
I didn’t have a mentor or someone who could show me the ropes when I first started out. It was something I had to learn the hard way: on my own. However, I have some wonderful news for you. You don’t have to spend the next twelve years trying to figure everything out like I did. Believe me when I say that if I can do it as a first-time visitor to New York City whose debit card was denied while purchasing tofu and yogurt, you can, too. When you enroll in Sell It Like Serhant: New Agent Sales Accelerator, you will receive the full state-required pre-licensing course, as well as all I know about selling real estate in the world’s most competitive market, all in one convenient package.
You Now Know How to Get Your Real Estate License in New York
Ready? Let’s go through the basics.
- Turn 18
- Complete the official, New York State-approved 75-hour qualifying course that is included with your purchase. Sell It Like Serhant: New Agent Sales Accelerator
- Pass the New York real estate salesperson test
- Sell It Like Serhant: New Agent Sales Accelerator Obtain sponsorship from a brokerage firm. Apply for a real estate license in New York
- Begin selling real estate properties.
All that’s left is for us to do something.
Today is the day to take the first step. Then, as the greatest sales machine, you may begin your new life. It’s time to get started! With My Program, you may obtain your New York real estate license!
- Ryan Serhant is one of the most successful and well-known real estate agents in the world, having amassed a fortune in the industry. After a decade as the leader of one of New York City’s most successful real estate teams, he created SERHANT., the world’s first brokerage built for the marketplace of the future, in 2008. View all of the postings
Real Estate License NY
In four simple steps, you may obtain your New York State real estate license: Step 1: Successfully complete the 75-hour New York State Real Estate License Course. Step 2: Pass the proctored Final Exam administered by the school. Step 3: Pass the State Exam that is proctored. Step 4: With the assistance of your sponsoring broker, complete your New York State real estate salesperson application online using your eAccessNY account.
Online Real Estate License in New York
Do you think you’re ready to make a shift in your professional life? Earning an online real estate license in New York is a fantastic opportunity to start your own business and reap the benefits of an infinite earning potential. You may learn more about the various reasons why you should obtain your real estate license in New York by visiting our blog, which includes:
- Working for yourself
- Generating a commission-based income with no restrictions on how much you earn. Find out what the typical income for a New York City real estate agent is. The ability to work either full-time or part-time
- There are several occupations in which obtaining a real estate license in New York might be beneficial
When you enroll in one of our courses, you will learn all you need to know about obtaining your New York real estate license, from finishing the 75-hour course to passing the state test and locating a sponsoring broker. You’ll also receive a slew of materials to assist you along the journey, including the following:
- RealEstateU’s online real estate salesperson course, which has been approved by the New York State Department of State, is available now. Online video classes offered by 21 real estate professionals are available on-demand. The course content is available as a 200-page PDF download. It gives you the opportunity to study at your own pace and complete the course from any location using a laptop, tablet, or computer.
Obtain your New York Salesperson’s License.
Get your New York Real Estate License Online without the Stress
When you get your New York real estate license online, you may study whenever you choose. It is possible to study at your own speed while taking our 75 hour real estate course in New York. If you work full time, part time, or are raising a family, you may arrange your courses around your professional and personal commitments. To change occupations, obtaining a real estate license in New York online is a wonderful option because it eliminates the need to return to college and incur further debt.
Some of the benefits that are offered when you obtain your New York real estate license online are as follows:
- Learn on your own timetable with on-demand classes from a qualified instructor. Video lessons ranging in length from 3 to 20 minutes
- Dynamic panels and memory cues to assist you in learning more quickly Instructions that are simple to follow, as well as nicely produced visuals
Obtain your New York Salesperson’s License.
New York City Real Estate Agent
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, New York I’ve always like taking on side jobs, and the prospect of selling real estate to others appeals to me. That is a fantastic method to keep yourself occupied while also earning some extra money.
Take the 75 Hour Real Estate Course in New York Taught by Local Real Estate Professionals
Learn all you need to know about obtaining your real estate license in New York City from real estate experts in the city. Our 75-hour real estate courses in New York City are taught by a team of 21 real estate experts from the area. Learn how to get the extra help you need to launch your real estate career, earn money as a real estate agent, and even begin establishing your own team of agents. You are not need to start from the beginning. Our teachers are professionals in their fields, and they have generously shared their expertise, experience, and success secrets with you in these video lectures.
Learn from the finest and get started as soon as possible.
Obtain your New York Salesperson’s License.
Instructors from the state of New York Matthew Scheriff is a writer who lives in the United Kingdom.
Instructors from the state of New York Michael Mintz is a lawyer who specializes in intellectual property law. Instructors from the state of New York The Honorable Joseph M. Insalaco Instructors from the state of New York
The course is tailored to accommodate your schedule. Lessons in Video
- Video courses that are entertaining
- Memory cues that help you learn more quickly and easily
- Fantastic teachers
- Three to twenty minute video sessions
- Obtaining a New York State real estate license online
Fun Learning Process
We created tasks and quizzes to assess your knowledge and abilities. Thrilling Recreational Activities Quizzes
- Activities that need you to fill in the blanks
- Questions with many choices
- Content that is simple to understand
Obtain your Certificate of Completion after passing the final test. Final Exam with a Proctor
- Proctoring places near you
- Online final exam that is password restricted and can only be accessible by a proctor
Your Certificate of Completion will be mailed to you.
- Certificate generated automatically
- Certificate kept in your account as a PDF
- Automatically generated Certificate
- Print a copy of the certificate for your records (for information on state requirements, go here)
Real Estate Salesperson in the City of New York
Lancaster, New York – Keller Williams Realty Thanks so much for all of your assistance over the last several weeks. I pushed myself to finish the course as quickly as possible since I am so eager to begin working in the field as a New York State realtor. I was concerned that this might have a negative affect on me at the conclusion, when I was preparing to take the exam, but I believe I kept a great deal of the information and am pleased with the results.
New York City Real Estate Agent I’d want to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for all of your assistance with the online course that you have offered. It not only was excellent and assisted me in understanding the many components of real estate, but it also provided me with a solid foundation for further consideration because many of the questions on the exam needed critical thinking because the options were not obvious. Structure of the Course What is covered in the New York State Real Estate License CourseOrientation Lesson 1: Licensing and Regulatory Compliance Lesson 2:The Law of AgencyLesson 3:Legal Issues: Estates and InterestsLesson 3:Legal Issues: Liens and EasementsLesson 3:Legal Issues: Liens and EasementsLesson 3:Legal Issues: Liens and EasementsLesson 3:Legal Issues: Liens and EasementsLesson 3:Legal Issues: Liens and Easements Lesson 3.C: Legal Issues: DeedsLesson 3.D: Legal Issues: Title ClosingCostsLesson 3.C: Legal Issues: DeedsLesson 3.D: Legal Issues: Title ClosingCosts Sales and lease agreements are covered in Lesson 4: Sales and lease agreements.
Lesson 5: The Finance of Real Estate Lesson 6: Land Use and Development Regulations Lesson 7.A: Construction IssuesLesson 7.B: Environmental IssuesLesson 7.A: Construction Issues Lesson 8: The Process of Valuation Pricing Characteristics Lesson 9: Human Rights and Freedoms Housing on an Equal Footing Lesson 10: Real Estate MathematicsLesson 11: Local Government Organizations Property Insurance is covered in Lesson 12.
Lesson 13: The Importance of Licensee Safety Taxes and Assessments (Lesson 14) 15th Lesson: Condominiums and Co-opsLesson 16th Lesson: Commercial and Investment Properties In this lesson, you will learn about income tax in real estate transactions.
Property Management is covered in Lesson 19.
Real Estate License NY
Be your own boss, set your own hours, and significantly improve your monthly income.
Today is the day to get your New York real estate license online! $149$99 Obtain your New York State Real Estate License. Offer is only valid for a limited time.
Pass State Exam
Preparation is simple. We’ve narrowed down the material to the specifics you need to know. Consider this to be the condensed version of the State test. You are free to move between lessons whenever you like.
Take the New York State Real Estate License Course as well as the Pass the State Exam Course at the same time. New York State License Course + Easily Passing the State Exam = Satisfied Agent
Get the Training You Need on Demand and Learn at Your Pace Online!
To obtain your New York real estate license, you must receive the appropriate training and assistance. It is possible to stay motivated and complete the course to the best of your abilities even when life becomes hectic by allowing you to learn at your own speed. When you study on a flexible schedule, you may improve your retention and spend more time preparing for the New York real estate test, which is administered by the state. It is necessary to complete the 75-hour real estate course in New York in order to obtain your real estate license, and it also serves as preparation for the New York State Real Estate Exam.
- Sample questions
- Four practice examinations
- And other resources. The specific facts you’ll need to pass the state examination
RealEstateU gives you with everything you need to learn at your own speed, pass the exam, and begin your career as a New York real estate agent as soon as you’re ready to get started. RealEstateU.com explains how to obtain a real estate license in New York over the internet. It has never been easier to make a professional transition.
Real Estate License NY
Be your own boss, set your own hours, and significantly improve your monthly income. Today is the day to get your New York real estate license online!
Certificate of Completion
$149$99 Obtain your New York State Real Estate License. Offer is only valid for a limited time.
What to pass the state exam with ease?
90 percent of exam preparation time can be saved. If you are concerned about passing the State Exam, we have developed a straightforward Pass the State Exam course that will reduce your exam preparation time by 90 percent while simultaneously increasing your confidence when taking the State exam. EASY PASS STATE EXAM FOR $75$49
Course Completion Time
- Students have 12 months to finish the course from the moment of purchase. If the course expires before the students have completed it, they will be required to repurchase the course and continue from the beginning.
All courses are eligible for a refund if requested within 30 days after purchase, and only if the student has not completed more than 50% of any one of the three courses at the time of the request. Any refunds that are provided will be subject to a $20 administrative fee. If you have any questions, please read ourTerms and Conditions.