Examinees – DRE – California Department of Real Estate
- The best way to schedule or reschedule your licensing exam is online, through DRE’s eLicensing service. If you are not registered, you should use your Examinee ID number to create a free account now. You should also make sure DRE has your most up-to-date contact information.
- 1 Is the Massachusetts real estate exam online?
- 2 How do I schedule my real estate exam Ohio?
- 3 How do I schedule a real estate exam in PA?
- 4 How much is the Ohio real estate exam?
- 5 How difficult is the Massachusetts real estate exam?
- 6 How much do Realtors make in Massachusetts?
- 7 How many times can you fail the real estate exam in Ohio?
- 8 How many times can you take the real estate exam in Ohio?
- 9 How much does a realtor make in Ohio?
- 10 How much math is on the PA real estate exam?
- 11 Can you take the Pennsylvania real estate exam online?
- 12 How many times can you take the real estate exam in PA?
- 13 Can you take the Ohio real estate exam online?
- 14 How difficult is the Ohio real estate exam?
- 15 Is there math on the real estate exam?
- 16 Candidate Information and Examination Scheduling Description
- 17 Handbooks, Special Accommodations and Rescheduling
- 18 General Recommendations
- 19 One stop Solution for Test Takers
- 20 WA State Licensing (DOL) Official Site: Real estate broker’s exam
- 21 How to schedule an exam
- 22 What to bring to the testing center
- 23 Exam results
- 24 For veterans, military personnel, and partners
- 25 Questions? Need help?
- 26 Examination Information
- 27 Real Estate Broker/Cemetery Broker Examination
- 28 Real Estate Salesperson Examination
- 29 Examination after five years of inactivity/expiration
- 30 Real Estate Commission
- 31 How do I register for the CA real estate licensing exam?
- 32 Related Questions
- 33 Does my state licensing exam application expire?
- 34 What is the DRE’s time frame for processing my application?
- 35 What is a Salesperson Exam Application?
- 36 When should I file a Combined Exam and License Application?
- 37 What is a Combined Salesperson Exam and License Application?
- 38 How much does it cost to reschedule my CA state exam?
- 39 How do I change or cancel my CA state exam date?
- 40 Can I take my CA state exam if I don’t have a sponsoring broker?
- 41 Do I need to take the State exam if I’m licensed in another state?
- 42 Will my school notify the DRE that I have completed my courses?
- 43 How does the DRE know that I have completed my pre-licensing courses?
- 44 Where can I take the CA real estate licensing exam?
- 45 How do I pay for the CA state licensing exam?
- 46 How much does the CA real estate exam cost?
- 47 How do I register for the CA real estate licensing exam?
- 48 Taking the Exam – Maryland Real Estate Commission (MREC)
- 49 ExamPSI Information:
- 50 Real Estate Salesperson – InitialExam
- 51 Pennsylvania Real Estate License Exam Info
- 52 How Exams are Scheduled
- 53 PSI Examination Site Locations
- 54 What to Expect on Exam Day
- 55 Acceptable Forms of Identification
- 56 Time to Complete Salesperson’s License Exams
- 57 Number of Questions on Salesperson’s License Exams
- 58 Notification of Results Process
- 59 Retake Provisions
Is the Massachusetts real estate exam online?
TL;DR: Yes, you can take the Massachusetts real estate course online. You can also take the State license test online. Starting on January 28th, 2021 you can take the real estate license exam online with PSI Exams.
How do I schedule my real estate exam Ohio?
Real Estate state exams are scheduled by calling PSI Exams at 1-855-834-8749 or by visiting their website at psiexams.com. Was this article helpful?
How do I schedule a real estate exam in PA?
You can schedule your exam by calling PSI at (800)733-9267, or online at www.psiexams.com.
How much is the Ohio real estate exam?
How much does it cost to get an Ohio real estate license? In addition to the cost of this 120-hr. Pre-Licensing program, you must pay a $81 fee in order to take the Ohio salesperson licensing exam. Ohio students should also expect to pay $18 for a background check.
How difficult is the Massachusetts real estate exam?
Briefly, the MA real estate license test is 120 questions, and you need to score at least a 70% to pass the test. Get your real estate license. Seriously, that’s it.
How much do Realtors make in Massachusetts?
Here’s a breakdown of the top-10 states in which real estate agents earn the most money on average: New York average real estate agent salary: $111,800. Massachusetts average real estate agent salary: $84,180.
How many times can you fail the real estate exam in Ohio?
If the examination is failed three times, the candidate is unable to retest or submit a new application until additional qualifying real estate education is completed as follows: Thirty hours for an applicant who fails either the national or state part of the examination; and 60 hours for an applicant who fails both
How many times can you take the real estate exam in Ohio?
You are allowed three attempts to pass both the national and state law portions of the exam. If you do not both portions after three attempts, you must take 30 or 60 hours of additional education in order to retake the licensing exam.
How much does a realtor make in Ohio?
The average salary for a real estate agent in Ohio is around $35,190 per year.
How much math is on the PA real estate exam?
It’s hard to give you an exact number since every state varies. However, on average, our data suggest that anywhere between 5 to 20 math questions are on each state’s real estate exam.
Can you take the Pennsylvania real estate exam online?
Here’s good news, then: PSI Exams, which administers licensing examinations for Pennsylvania, launched a remotely proctored online exam in mid-December (2020), and it’s fully available now.
How many times can you take the real estate exam in PA?
You can take the Pennsylvania real estate salesperson state licensing exam as many times as needed until you pass. You simply have to reschedule a new exam attempt and pay the $49 exam fee.
Can you take the Ohio real estate exam online?
Pass the Ohio real estate salesperson exam. PSI will still have in-person on site testing still available for those students who wish to take the exam in-person instead of online. Beginning August 11, 2021, candidates can schedule their exam at the PSI website.
How difficult is the Ohio real estate exam?
The Ohio Real Estate Salesperson Exam is one of the hardest state test to pass in the United States. We have compiled this simple exam cram book that quickly and easily prepares you to take your state licensing exam and pass it on the 1st try with the PSI exam.
Is there math on the real estate exam?
No matter what state you are wanting to get a real estate license in, you can expect to see math questions on the exam. While the number of math questions on the exam varies from state-to-state, the total number of math-related questions is somewhere between 10-15%.
Candidate Information and Examination Scheduling Description
Allow us to assist you in locating thorough information about your examination schedule! Make a pick from one of the categories below to learn more about the candidate handbook, testing sites, costs, and scheduling information.
Handbooks, Special Accommodations and Rescheduling
The majority of programs include a candidate handbook that contains information such as eligibility requirements, examination content, and testing expenses. This link will lead you to the examination selection website, where you can find the candidate handbook for the program in which you are interested in applying. In order to prepare for your test, we recommend that you study and comprehend the material presented in the handbook. Please complete the three procedures outlined above in order to gain access to candidate handbooks.
Special Examination Accommodations
According to the Americans with Disabilities Act, AMP assures that no disabled individual is denied the chance to take a test simply because of his or her physical or mental handicap. If necessary, special examination arrangements might be arranged for specific candidates based on their qualifications and circumstances. Please complete the Request for Special Examination Accommodations form, which is contained in your handbook, and send it to the testing center at least 45 days prior to your planned examination date if you require special accommodations.
To reschedule your examination appointment, you can do so online (by completing the three procedures outlined above) or by contacting our Candidate Support Center. By email, you will be unable to postpone your appointment. Specific rescheduling requirements can be found in your Candidate Handbook.
Watch this video to get a general overview of the testing center. Despite the fact that it will lead you through a typical testing experience, you should consult your school’s candidate handbook for particular program criteria.
Make your preparations in advance. Preparation for your test should include the use of study aids and other reference resources. Make certain that you have read and comprehended the candidate guide for your examination program before proceeding.
Make sure to get enough of rest the night before the examination.
Make sure you have eaten something before the administration begins, since you will not be permitted to consume food or drink in the testing room throughout the administration. You will be permitted to take toilet breaks, but you will not be granted additional time to compensate for time missed during breaks.
What to Bring
One government-issued picture ID with your name and signature is essential, as is another current form of identification with your name and signature on it. If you are permitted to use a calculator during the test, be sure that your calculator meets all of the standards and that it is in proper working order.
Make certain that you are aware of the location of your examination center.
Make sure to factor in additional time for traffic, parking, and getting comfortable before the examination begins.
Dress in layers so that you can adjust to any temperature in the room. It is not permitted to wear heavy jackets or caps in the testing room.
In the testing room, no personal possessions, including mobile phones, smart phones, or other electronic devices, are permitted to be brought in. You will be requested to return them to your car or to turn them off and store them in a soft-locker provided by the facility, whichever is appropriate. If your electronic device rings, vibrates, or makes any other disturbance while you are taking the examination, you will be expelled from the examination and will not be entitled to a refund.
Depending on your program, you may be provided with a pass/fail score report following your examination. Alternately, you will get instructions outlining the approximate date on which you might expect to receive your score report. Depending on the candidate handbook, additional directions for following the testing may be offered.
One stop Solution for Test Takers
|Sponsor:||PENNSYLVANIA REAL ESTATE COMMISSION|
|This program requires pre-approval by PSI before you can sit for the exam.Please follow the instructions listed in your Candidate Information Bulletin or application materials.|
- You can take this examination on a computer
- However, please keep in mind that this is not an open book exam. Rescheduled appointments must be made at least 2 days in advance and before 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Cancellations must be made at least 2 days in advance, by 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Make an appointment one day in advance before 4:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
WA State Licensing (DOL) Official Site: Real estate broker’s exam
- Alternatively, you must pass both the state and national tests within six months of each other, or you will be required to repeat both exams. These permissions are valid for as long as you continue your studies. This occurs two years from the date on which you completed the most recent exam
- You must submit an application for your license within one year of completing the examinations.
How to schedule an exam
- You must register as a student with our testing vendor, PSI Testing Excellence, in order to take our tests. To become a student at PSI, you must first complete the following steps:
- Visit the PSI Portals website for further information. Make your selection under “Washington” in the Student User area, then complete the registration procedures
- Your school must electronically submit your course completions to PSI in order for your registration to be complete.
- Following the submission of your schooling information by your school
- Make an appointment for your test online or by calling 855.746.8168. To make a reservation online, go to:
- Visit PSI’s Candidate Services
- Fill out the three forms as follows:
- Purchasing a home in Washington
- Washington Real Estate Examination Program Choose the appropriate examination type:
- Broker Examination (your real estate school has submitted your course completion information directly to PSI)
- Broker Reciprocity Examination (authorized by the Department of Labor)
- Broker Reciprocity Examination (approved by the Department of Labor).
- If you need to make a request for accommodations, consult the Candidate Handbook. If you want to take a test outside of the state, you must complete and submit an Out of State Examinations Waiver and Release form to PSI.
What to bring to the testing center
You must bring two kinds of identification to the testing site, both of which must be current (not expired):
- The documents must be signed and dated with your current name and signature. At least one of them must have a current photograph of you on it. In the event that you fail to provide identification, you will not be permitted to take the exam. For further information, please see PSI Candidate Services.
Your exam results are valid for one year from the date of the exam. When your results expire, you’ll have to reapply to take the exam if you don’t apply for a license before the results expire. It is possible that you will be required to complete extra schooling requirements.
If you fail the exam
If you do not pass the state or national test the first time, you will be given advice on how to retake it. If you fail a section of the test, you will be required to retake the section that you failed. If you do not pass all portions of the test within six months of each other, you will have to retake both examinations.
- Re-schedule a test by following the procedures outlined in step 2 above, but selecting “Reschedule this Exam.” You can purchase study and practice materials from PSI’s E-store if you do not pass the national test
- If you do not pass the national exam, you can take the exam again.
For veterans, military personnel, and partners
Your military training or experience may be able to assist you in meeting licensure criteria. If you have a valid license from another state and are relocating to this state, you may also be eligible to obtain a temporary license. More information may be found at military help. If you are a veteran of the United States, you may be entitled for a portion of your costs to be reimbursed. For additional information, please see Get reimbursed for testing expenses.
Questions? Need help?
- Contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone at 360.664.6500.
Page before this one
Real Estate Broker/Cemetery Broker Examination
When applying for the original broker license that you desire to get after passing your tests, you must first submit an application for the initial broker license at www.pals.pa.gov before being permitted to sit for the Broker or Cemetery Broker examinations. Payment of the $40.00 examination fee as well as the submission of educational transcripts, experience charts, and other supporting paperwork will be required as part of the application process to assess your credentials. You will be notified via email whether your application has been approved and that you may register for the exam as described below.
Real Estate Salesperson Examination
Examinations are available on a daily basis (five to six days a week).
The Candidate Information Bulletin (CIB) contains a comprehensive list of all available testing facilities in the area. You may choose to contact PSI Examination Services in order to acquire a list of testing sites located outside of your state. Please visit this link to request a copy of the CIB.
Examination after five years of inactivity/expiration
Those who have had their licenses inactive or expired for five years or more must repeat the licensing tests in order to have their licenses reinstated. If you are eligible to take the exam, please complete and send the Request for a Certificate of Exam Eligibility (PDF) to the Commission office. After that, we will email you the information you want in order to register for the examinations.
Real Estate Commission
- If you desire to apply for the salesperson or broker examinations, you may do so by calling PSI Services (PSI) at 1-888-818-5829 (for Missouri applications only) or by scheduling an appointment on the website www.goAMP.com (for applications only). All appointments are made on a first-come, first-served basis, however you will be booked for an examination within five business days of the day on which you call PSI to arrange an appointment. You should be prepared to confirm a day and place for testing when you call to book an appointment with PSI, as well as to supply them with the necessary information: Your Social Security Number
- Your full given name
- Your mailing address
- Your home or business telephone number
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Your school name
- The examination you desire to take (see options below)
- And your signature.
- Salesperson for both the national and state markets BOTH a National and a State Broker are needed. State Salesperson ONLYState Broker ONLYNational Salesperson ONLYNational Broker ONLYNational Salesperson ONLYNational Broker ONLY
- Salesperson for both the national and state level Brokers from both the national and state levels are available. Salesperson only in the stateState broker only in the stateNational salesperson only in the stateNational broker only in the state
How do I register for the CA real estate licensing exam?
In order to arrange your California state licensure exam, you must follow the procedures outlined below:
- The Salesperson Exam Application must be completed if you do not already have a sponsoring broker. We encourage that you complete the Combined Salesperson Examination and License Application even if you do not have a sponsoring broker to help you get started. As a result of this, you will save a few weeks of time throughout the licensing procedure. You will need to register with the Real Estate eLicensing System in order to do so. The filing of your application online saves you time and expedites the application processing procedure. The course completion certificates from each of the three 45-hour pre-license courses must be included with your application. You are need to pay the applicable charge. If you successfully complete the Salesperson Exam Application, you will simply be required to pay the $60 exam cost. The combined salesperson examination and license application will cost you a total of $305 ($60 for the state test and $245 for the licensing application)
- But, if you pass both exams, you will only have to pay one charge. If you require a reasonable accommodation because of a handicap, you must complete aRequest for Reasonable Accommodations for Examinationform.
Your application will be reviewed and approved by the DRE within six weeks at the very least. You may view the current processing periods for applications by visiting this page. You will get an Examination Schedule Notice or an authority to self schedule via email once your application has been approved by the Department of Registration and Examination. Please keep in mind that you have two years from the date on which your test application is accepted by the DRE to pass the state licensing examination.
If you wish to schedule your state exam location and date yourself, you must select ‘Yes’ under section11 of the Salesperson Examination Application or section14 of the Combined Exam/License Application. If you do not wish to schedule your state exam location and date yourself, you must select ‘No’ under section11 of the Salesperson Examination Application. You will next get an email from the DRE informing you that you have qualified to schedule your state exam through eLicensing.
Does my state licensing exam application expire?
From the moment your exam application is accepted by the DRE, you have two years to pass the state licensing test in order to obtain your license. After two years, if you do not pass the state test, you will have to submit a new examination application and pay another examination cost.
What is the DRE’s time frame for processing my application?
The DRE typically takes six weeks to complete your application for an examination. You may view the current application timeframes for the DRE by visiting this page.
What is a Salesperson Exam Application?
The Salesperson Examination Application is used to submit an application to sit for the state licensure test for salespeople. It is recommended that you file the Salesperson Examination Application after completing the three 45-hour pre-licensing training courses.
When should I file a Combined Exam and License Application?
It is necessary for you to submit the Combined Salesperson Exam and License Application via the eLicensing system once you have successfully completed the three 45-hour pre-licensing classes. You should be aware, however, that you may only submit a combined application if you already have a sponsoring broker lined up by the time you are ready to sit for the state examination.
What is a Combined Salesperson Exam and License Application?
It is possible to apply for both your state test and your real estate license at the same time if you use the Combined Salesperson Examination and License Application. The Department of Real Estate (DRE) will grant your real estate license once you have passed the state licensing exam. You will be able to save many weeks of time throughout the licensing procedure as a result of this.
How much does it cost to reschedule my CA state exam?
The following costs are charged by the DRE for postponing the state examination: The first time you reschedule, there is a $15 cost.
Any subsequent rescheduling requests will be charged at the rate of $30 per request.
How do I change or cancel my CA state exam date?
Through the eLicensing Online System, you can make changes to or cancel your exam date at any time. There’s also the option of submitting a Salesperson Exam Change Application.
Can I take my CA state exam if I don’t have a sponsoring broker?
Yes, you do not require the assistance of a sponsoring broker in order to arrange and take the state licensure examination. If you choose to submit a Combined Salesperson Exam/License Application, you will simply require the assistance of a sponsoring broker.
Do I need to take the State exam if I’m licensed in another state?
Yes. Due to the fact that California does not offer reciprocity with any other state, you will be required to go through the licensing procedure in the same manner as everyone else. You must finish the 135 hours of pre-license coursework and pass the state exam in order to become a licensed real estate agent.
Will my school notify the DRE that I have completed my courses?
No, the school will not provide any of your personal information to the DRE unless you specifically request it. Instead, as part of their exam application, the DRE asks the student to present copies of their three Course Completion Certificates, which they must submit in person. The Certificates will be used by the DRE as proof that you have fulfilled their educational requirements.
How does the DRE know that I have completed my pre-licensing courses?
It is necessary to include copies of your three Course Completion Certificates with your state exam application when submitting your state exam application to the DRE (one for each of the 3, 45-hour pre-license courses). These Certificates will be used by the DRE to verify that you have completed the 135-hour education requirement.
Where can I take the CA real estate licensing exam?
California has five proctoring venues where you may take the state license test. These locations are located around the state. In addition to Fresno and San Diego, there are proctoring facilities in Oakland and Sacramento as well as the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area.
How do I pay for the CA state licensing exam?
A credit card, cashiers’ check, money order, or check are all acceptable methods of payment for the $60 exam cost. It is necessary to make checks or money orders payable to the Department of Real Estate. In order to make a payment using a credit card, you must first fill out the Credit Card Payment Form.
How much does the CA real estate exam cost?
The price for the California Salesperson Examination is sixty dollars. You may obtain a detailed breakdown of all charges by visiting this page.
How do I register for the CA real estate licensing exam?
To schedule your state test, you must first create an account with the Real Estate eLicensing System, then submit an exam application, pay the necessary cost, and include copies of your course certificates as well as a request for reasonable accommodations with your application (if applicable). Once your application has been approved by the DRE, you will be notified of the day and time of your examination. Are you unable to locate your answer? Get in contact with us
Taking the Exam – Maryland Real Estate Commission (MREC)
The tests for brokers and salespeople are divided into two parts: a national piece and a state portion.
- In order to keep their scores valid, applicants who pass both courses must apply for licensure within one year of passing both portions. Candidates must get a passing mark of at least 70% on each section of the test. It is valid until the deadline based on your course completion date to receive a passing score on a component of the test.
PSI Examination Services is a company that provides examination services to the California Real Estate Commission (CalRec).
Exams for all real estate licensing categories are administered on a daily basis*. You will receive an e-mail with your registration number and application instructions after passing each section. Please allow 3-5 business days to receive this information.
- There is a normal examination price of $45.00, which is paid directly to the exam vendor, PSI. The test will be conducted on a computer and will last two hours. Test dates are only available by appointment and must be confirmed in writing.
* Monday through Friday at one of PSI’s testing facilities, which are situated in Baltimore, College Park, Crofton, Hagerstown, Lanham, and Brainseed Testing Services, or at one of their satellite locations.
Real Estate Salesperson – InitialExam
Psi’s testing facilities, which are situated in Baltimore, College Park, Crofton, Hagerstown, Lanham, and Brainseed Testing Services, are open from Monday through Friday.
- 60 hours of classroom instruction in Real Estate Principles and Practices It is not necessary to have a broker sponsor you in order to take the exam.
Documentation that is required:
- PSI will make the completed and notarized application available
- The course certificate will be forwarded directly to PSI.
Forms and applications Other: Before you may register to take your salesperson examination, you must first be pre-approved by PSI. After your application has been approved by PSI, you will be mailed an Examination Eligibility Postcard, which will include directions for scheduling the exam. It is important that you are informed of the following before submitting your application to PSI:
- The examination may be taken on an unrestricted basis for a period of up to one year after the date of eligibility
- The examination must be passed on both parts in less than one (1) year from the date of eligibility. A failure to pass both sections within one year necessitates the submission of a new application to the PSI. Activating your license takes place two years after you pass both components of the test within one year of being eligible
- You have two years from the date of the most recently passed portion to do so. Every year, on May 31st, all real estate salesperson licenses expire and must be renewed. All new licenses activated between March 1st and May 31st will have their expiration date set to May 31st of the following year.
Using this link will take you to the PSI’s official website. Select ” Government/State Licensing Agencies “;CT Real Estate; and then ” Download Candidate Information Bulletin” to access the application forms and any other relevant information for the position. Fee for submitting an application:
- PSI’s website provides further information. There are no refunds for any of the costs.
[email protected] is the email address for this department. Return to the Licensing, Permitting, and Registration Forms page.
Pennsylvania Real Estate License Exam Info
PSI Services LLC, a privately held corporation, administers the real estate licensing tests. First-come, first-served slots for exams are provided on a limited basis. The majority of students are able to plan tests around a week ahead of time. When you have completed seventy-five (75) hours of fundamental real estate courses and our optional PSI Exam Prep course, you should sit for the Pennsylvania Salesperson License Exam administered by Professional Sales Institute. PSI will require a copy of the Certificate of Completion for the appropriate courses, which will be supplied by the education provider, in order to register you for the test.
You may apply for licensing by submitting a completed application to the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission after passing both components of the test (within a three-year time frame).
How Exams are Scheduled
Directly with PSI services, either online at www.psiexams.com or by phone at 800-733-9267, to register for the exam. For further information, please see and download PSI’s Candidate Information Bulletin.
PSI Examination Site Locations
- Allentown, Bristol, Cranberry Township, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, King of Prussia, Philadelphia (Bala Cynward), Pittsburgh, and Scranton are among the cities in Pennsylvania.
PSI also provides examination locations in a number of other cities and towns around the United States. It is possible to take this test at any of the venues listed above.
What to Expect on Exam Day
It is recommended that you come 30 minutes before to your scheduled appointment on the day of the test. This additional time will be used for sign-in, identification, and familiarization with the examination process, among other things. If you come late for your examination, you may be denied admission to the examination location and your examination registration money will be forfeited.
During check-in, a photograph of you will be taken, and it will appear on the score report. If this is a concern for you, please contact PSI at least two weeks prior to your examination date to discuss your options.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
You will be required to present two kinds of identification. An acceptable form of government-issued identification (Driver’s License, State ID, or Passport) that contains your signature and includes a photograph of you is required to be presented. The second ID must include your signature as well as your legal name preprinted on it. Identification given must match the name on the Examination Registration Form, the registration confirmation notice, and any course completion certificates you may have received.
Time to Complete Salesperson’s License Exams
There are two parts to the exam: the first is written and the second is oral.
Number of Questions on Salesperson’s License Exams
- National exam consists of 80 questions, with 60 accurate answers necessary to pass (75 percent)
- State exam consists of 30 questions, with 23 correct answers required to pass (76.6 percent)
Notification of Results Process
The results of the examination will be provided to you as soon as possible once it is completed.
You will receive an immediate failed message on the screen, as well as a diagnostic report highlighting your strengths and weaknesses according to the sort of assessment you took. An official score report will be printed on-site at the location of the examination.